Techkon SDserver software setup instructions:
In order to connect to the Techkon SpectroDens or SpectroDrive devices over USB or Wifi, installation of the SDserver background service or SDserver app foreground application is required (one exception is on Macintosh, direct USB connection is possible thanks to Techkon's "Mac SDK" drivers. The server is required on Mac for Wifi connections and for the USB connection that allows configuration of wifi settings, however)
Connections to Techkon Devices
|App Platform||direct USB connection||server USB connection||server Wifi connection|
|App Platform||server USB connection||server Wifi connection|
Setting up the Server
The TDservice server comes in 2 forms that run on Windows (only): background service or foreground application. Service is good for unattended operation that can auto-launch when Windows starts and is invisible to the end user (when sharing a machine). Application is good for manually launching & testing.
** Important ** the TDservice Application does not require explicit changes to the Windows firewall - other than giving permission upon first launch.
The TDservice background service, however, requires explicit changes to Windows' firewall in order to be accessible.
Running in a Virtual Environment
Users may want to run Windows in a virtual environment (such as Parallels or VMware). This is useful for Macintosh users wanting to connect to the Dens or Drive via Wifi.
A few important configuration notes:
- Set the VM software to use a "Bridged" connection to ensure it's on the same network as both the CHROMiX app and the wifi network the Dens is connecting to.
- Determine the IP address for the computer running the server app.
- Enter this into the Server Address field in the Techkon Setup dialog in the CHROMiX app.
- Choose the server app in the port options.
- Click Connect button to initiate the connection.