Fine Tune A Profile
Fine-Tune a profile with special colors
How can I use ColorThink Pro to fine-tune a profile? I have an image with these problems colors in it. It would be great if I could use my eye-one to click on certain colors in my original art piece, and then have those colors be included in the profile building.
The worksheet in ColorThink Pro allows you to select colors in an image using an eye dropper tool. Those color selections are added to a colorlist, and that colorlist can be saved as a reference file - which can then be added into your regular reference file and make into a new, expanded target.
- Open an image in ColorThink
- Add your printer profile to convert the image to your printer's color space
- Using the eyedropper tool click on the colors you wish to sample. This will start populating a colorlist. Remember that you can zoom in on an image by enlarging the worksheet or using the magnify tool (in overlay or slice image modes only.)
- Save the color list by clicking on "<untitled list>", and "Save List As...".
- Choose destination, (RGB or CMYK), and OK.
- Give the new color list a name, and click OK to save the new colorlist.
- Open the new list in a spreadsheet or text editing app.
- Copy and paste the new data onto the end of your existing profiling target reference data and save.
- Create a new profiling target using this combined data file.