How to Add Images
To add an image, the image file has to be uploaded. Also other files can be uploaded, see below. The system uses the term "image" for any uploaded file. Uploading images on ColorWiki Commons allows embedding them in all ColorWiki Projects, as an exception to the general rule that files can only be embedded in pages of the project in which they are uploaded.
Easy Overview for Adding Images
Start with an image file
- First give the file a suitable name, because renaming during or after uploading is not possible.
- Make sure that the file name has the proper extension (jpg or png).
Click on Upload File
- Click on the "Upload file" link in the toolbox area of the left pane.
- Click the Choose File button, browse to and choose your image file. Write a brief description of the image and its purpose. Click the Upload file button.
- Upon upload, the image description page is displayed.
- It is recommended that images not exceed 153600 bytes in size.
Insert the image into Wikitext
Use the following convention for adding an image into your edits:
- Start and end the image insert with double square brackets. [[ ]]
- Inside the brackets: "Image:"
- Followed by the image name (including extention)
[[Image:Name of picture.jpg]]
Align the Image Left or Right
The image can be place to the left or right of the text that follows by including "left" or "right" after a pipe (|):
[[Image:Name of picture.jpg|right]]
Captions or hover text can be included by adding it to the image data after a pipe (|):
[[Image:Name of picture.jpg|left|Here you see a sample picture showing some colors.]]
Detailed Instructions for Adding Images
See individual pages in the ColorWiki Help category.