Maxwell Client Update History
Here is an overview of the more recent revisions to the Maxwell Client:
Maxwell Client versions:
Maxwell Client v 5.6.5
(July 5, 2019)
Version 5.6.5 includes fixes to minor issues concerning: Printing on the Windows OS, subtle dE2000 consistency improvements between the Client and Maxwell online, improvements to the "worst 10% dE" metric calculation, improved Barbieri LFP control, and improved consistency between the Maxwell website and the Client behavior concerning aperture settings.
Maxwell Client v 5.6
(March 30, 2018)
Version 5.6 brings many additions and changes. eXact, SpectroDens, CSS-110 instrument support, file routers, multi-printer support for reports, improved networking and more.
New features include:
- Added support for X-Rite eXact, Techkon SpectroDens, Color Sentinel CSS-110, and added ethernet connection for KM FD-9.
- Custom field support. A dialog asking for user-entered info can now be presented from users when setup for the purpose by CHROMiX. For example, the user can enter in the name for the measurement and Maxwell will reflect that name (rather than the time stamp label).
- File Router function This makes possible the automatic routing of measurements based on information contained in the header of the file. (Currently used in beta for for EFI RIP output.)
- Adding support for printing to two different printers - one for label printing and one for report (full page) printing.
- Instruments are now locked out of measurements when not up to capabilities required by the Track in Maxwell online.
Maxwell Client v 5.5.2
- Improved support for Vernier environmental sensors (Barometer, thermometer, humidity sensors).
- Improved i1 Pro scanning to include better page-end handling,
- Added new scan order button allowing bottom-to-top scanning for people who like to measure targets upside down (you know who you are), rotate the target in the Measurement window so it's positioned like the target you're scanning and click the scan order button. These settings are sticky so it'll stay this way for future scans.
- Improved calibration handling when switching between spot and strip modes.
- Improved Barbieri Spectropad support on Windows to properly harvests measurements (working around bug introduced in their SDK, Win version)
- .cxf target definition types from i1Profiler now open more reliably (i1P is producing targets with conflicting internal information...)
- Added "Open Target Import Tool" from target selection popup in panes
- LFP, FD-9 and SpectroDrive added to default setup prefs
Maxwell Client v5.5.1
(Aug 31, 2016)
- Added “Open Target Folder” option to default target popup in device panes.
- Improved connection type info (wifi vs ethernet) for some instruments.
- Corrected connection issues for Vernier Go! Temp, Humidity and Barometric pressure probes on Windows
- Improvements to i1 Pro 2 dual scan error resolution.
Maxwell Client v5.5
Changes in Maxwell online: (not relating to the Client):
- You can now duplicate Reference Sets. It’s a bit fiddly but handy. You want to be looking at an account’s *list* of Reference Sets with the one you want duplicated selected. Then pull down the ‘gear’ menu and select “Duplicate Object”. It will duplicate the RefSet and all of its Metrics. The ColorAim and any selector sets in Metrics will not be duplicated but they will be linked just as in the original.
- The annoying browser change that made popup lists scramble their order is now fixed.
v5.5 of Maxwell Client (MXC)
Barbieri Spectro LFP support is here!
- We take full advantage of this great instrument and it's fully integrated into our MeasureWatch Control system. So reflective/transmissive, filtration (M0, M2, M3), aperture, speed, etc. are all controllable and tracked. MXC 5.5 supports Barbieri's auto-positioning targets and we also added MemoryScan to make it faster, and also work with targets lacking auto-positioning markers. (See below about MemoryScan)
- As with the Spectropad, Maxwell Client needs the .zip archive created by the Barbieri Chart Generator software when using that target type. Just copy the whole .zip file into the Target Reference folder and MXC will unpack it as needed. (Other target sources are also usable, see below)
- Windows drivers are not included the bundle. Please go to the Barbieri website to download drivers here:
Konica Minolta FD-9 support is here!
The FD-9 is a newer instrument that can measure an entire sheet of patches in less than a minute, using M0, M1 or M2 measurement modes. It is also very flexible and easy to use. Some users have found the Konica Minolta-supplied software for driving this machine to be difficult to use. Paired with the Maxwell Client software, this instrument becomes one of the easiest and fastest spectrophotometers to use. Feed in the sheet, click and drag to draw a border around the patches you want measured, and measure. Here is a YouTube video showing the measurement features in action on the FD-9. Coming soon!
MemoryScan (LFP, iO, and FP-9)
For instruments requiring positioning (i1IO, LFP, FD-9) MemoryScan is available to make repetitive jobs easier.
With MemoryScan, a target's position on the scanning table can be memorized for rapid reuse. A separate memory is available for each target definition. Position a target on the scanning table in the same position as before - heavy tape or markers are helpful to ensure target position is repeatable - then 1-click measuring saves tons of time. For example, an i1 IO with MemoryScan makes a compelling proof verification tool.
For busy groups, this could literally save hours per week in proof verification scans. That pays for an iO almost immediately.
- Setting Memory
- Click Set Memory
- Position measurement head on target just as with a normal scan
- After the final corner, memory is set
- Memory Scanning
- Position all future targets on scanning table in the same position as before - heavy tape or markers are necessary to ensure target position is repeatable
- Ensure 'Memory Position' is selected
- Click Start
- more information is available here:
Automatic Instrument Registration & MeasureWatch Verify support
- Plug an instrument into Maxwell Client and an instrument record will be automatically created in Maxwell ("registered"). Also, all measurements with the instrument will be tied to it in Maxwell. So if you're wondering if a failed print might be caused by the instrument you can link directly to the instrument, and the list of all the measurements it has taken, to see if the instrument might be at fault.
- If you have the MeasureWatch Verify service for an instrument, Maxwell Client will automatically configure itself for verification measurements. The instrument will also appear with the MeasureWatch Verify target symbol in the left menu. MeasureWatch Verify measurements are performed right in the instrument pane. Click on the instrument in the left menu and click “MeasureWatch Verify."
- Those customers who have already purchased MeasureWatch Verify for their instruments and are using it will find it pre-configured for this new version. Plug your instrument into any copy of 5.5 or later and you'll be ready to verify.
- More information is available here:
Multi-Page Targets & Large-Format HeatMap support
The Client now supports multi-page targets.
Need to see if your extra-wide digital press (think Indigo 10000) is consistent across the sheet? Until they make an instrument as wide, we need multi-sheet targets that stitch together after measurement to form one contiguous HeatMap. MXC 5.5 can handle it. Work with us to create targets for such a job.
- Scanning with multi-page targets
- Load supported target type as normal
- Select single or multi-page view - the "Layout" button allows for single-page or multiple-page viewing
- Move between pages - use the [<] and [>] buttons to move forward or backward through the active target pages
- Scanning occurs into the currently active page
- Page completion markers
- As each page is completed, a Scan Complete marker will appear on the page and the Measure window will select the next un-scanned page.
- AutoScan and Barcodes in Maxwell Client
- Barcodes for AutoScan when used with the iSis scanner can now include page numbers. The MD03 barcode format can only be used with Maxwell Client v5.5 or later.
When scanning multi-page AutoScan targets, pages can be scanned in any order and selecting the correct page will happen automatically.
- More information is available here:
i1Profiler and Barbieri Gateway target format support
- MXC 5.0 currently supports MeasureTool(CGATS), ColorPort(xml) targets
- MXC 5.5 now supports i1Profiler(.txf, .pwxf), Barbieri Gateway (.zip) targets
- It is now possible to import targets from a variety of sources and using them for other instrument types. Certain combinations won't work, such as a Barbieri target for an iSis (it won't have the bars & diamonds or any of the target dimension info needed), and the Spectropad still needs a Barbieri-created target. But measuring an iSis target on the LFP? no problemo. Got a Barbieri target to measure with an iO? We've got you covered.
Pass/Fail evaluation for Hot Folders
- Measurements gathered from external instruments can now be evaluated for pass/fail reporting just like direct-connect measurements.
There are lots of other small changes and improvements under the skin.
Maxwell Client v5.0.4
- In Operator view, "Read" and "Cancel" buttons now visible again.
Maxwell Client v5.0.3
- Improved handling of target selection & missing target response for Spectropad in ColorTracks.
Maxwell Client v5.0.2
- Improved error detection and reporting when importing barbieri .zip target references.
- Removed error dialogs from save & open colorlist functions to avoid threading exceptions.
Maxwell Client v5.0.1
- New "Autosync to available Spectropads" option in Advanced menu allows turning on/off autosyncing entirely if desired - defaults to On (checked).
- MXC no longer removes measurements from Spectropad that were not created for Maxwell tracks. Excess measurements left on Spectropad from other jobs (likely created by Gateway) may slow down checks and harvesting of Maxwell measurements.
- Several improvements to log window allows filtering events by priority.
- MXC now allows launching when offline (ie: when the Internet or Maxwell are unavailable) if previously-entered user information is available. This allows for offline use of MXC when previously configured.
Maxwell Client v5.0
- Many changes have gone into MXC v5 - primarily support for MeasureWatch Control (enhanced measurement conditions control), Barbieri Spectropad support, and significant rebuilding of MXC subsystems.
- UI is much faster & launch time is much faster.
- Communications with Maxwell servers are faster and more reliable.
- Links to online documentation for Spectropad support and MeasureWatch Control will be available by the next beta release.
- Spectropad support under windows is not fully tested.