Maxwell Track a Printer
This describes how to set up Maxwell to collect color measurements for a printer. This can include everything from a large-scale printing press to a simple desktop inkjet printer. To do this, you would:
Create a new Device
- Log into Maxwell.
- Click on the "Device" button in the left column to bring up the list of all of your devices.
- Click on the plus button on the bottom left corner of the Devices pane to make a new device.
- Fill out the Device Details pane with the information for your new printer.
- The fields highlighted in pink are required as a minimum.
- When the necessary fields are filled out, click Done at the bottom to exit the edit mode.
Adding a new model
- If you come across a field that does not have the option that you need, you can create one.
In this example, the user is creating a new Device for an Epson 3880 printer. Since there is no 3880 listed in the scroll-down menu, he can click on the plus button. This will open up the Device Model Details pane where he can fill in the information for the new model of printer.
Whenever adding new models, pay close attention to how you name them, for these model names will be publicly viewable in 24 to 48 hours. During that time, you may make changes or edits, we will review the naming and ensure that the Maxwell list of models does not include multiple versions of the same device.
- When the necessary fields are filled out, click Done at the bottom (of Device Model Details) to exit the edit mode, and...
- Click Done at the bottom (of Device Details) to exit the edit mode.
Create a new Track
Now that you have entered your printer into Maxwell, you will want to create a track to organize all your measurements and profiles.
- Click on the "Tracks" link under Device Details. This opens up a Device Tracks pane.
- Click on the plus button on the bottom left corner of the Device Tracks pane to make a new Track.
- Give the new track a name (track name) describing what use you will have for it.
- Identify what reference you would like this track to have. The reference is the "ideal" data set that all subsequent files will be compared to. You can choose one of the supplied industry standard references or use one that you have uploaded into Maxwell. We recommend using a recognized standard to start with, like "GracoL2 coated 1".
- Click on "Done" to exit Edit mode.
Now you can upload measurements into your track.