ColorThink Pro - Profile Medic
The Profile Medic scans the enabled and disabled profile folders and inspects each profile for known problems. It then summarizes the problems and allows you to choose to fix them or leave them unchanged.
Opening Profile Medic
Open Profile Medic by clicking on the Profile Medic button on the Menu Bar
Select Test Options
- Click the "Edit Prefs" button to make prefs changes and enable/disable tests
- Check “Include Disabled Profiles” to have the Profile Medic check all installed profiles
- Click “Start” to begin the process
Profile Medic will count and scan all requested profiles.
Click this button to begin walking through the fixing steps. The type and number of steps that appear depend on the problems found with the scanned profiles. Examples are shown below --->
Profile Medic Tests
Profile Medic scans and/or fixes the following problems:
- - Name parity problems (internal vs file name mismatch)
- - Name parity suffix (same names other than .icc, .icm or .pf suffix on profile)
- - File length mismatch - profile's internal length does not match the actual file length
- - File hidden in Finder
- - File not tagged as a profile in the Finder (type and creator codes) – typical for profiles that have been copied over from Windows users.
- - Illegal characters in the internal name (only 7-bit ASCII characters are allowed, special symbols are illegal)
- - Not a valid profile (any file not recognized as a profile)
- - Data in padding area - those 181 errors in Profile First Aid
- - Non-zero data in fields that are to contain only zeros.
- and others