Evaluate Device Tone Stability
- Applies two different light sources (illuminants) to a spectral measurement file and determines the amount of color shift that occurs.
Use this test to see what will happen if you view a measurement file under different light sources.
This test requires a measurement file that contains spectral measurements.
The measurement is opened in the worksheet twice using different illuminants. The Lab values are calculated using D50 (daylight) - and D65. The difference between them (in delta E) is calculated and shown.
- Note: From this point, you can change the illuminant for either of these workflows by:
- clicking on the list title,
- choosing "Color Setup," and
- choosing a new item under "illuminant"
- This procedure can be used to
- Compare D50 with your own environment's ambient light
- Compare daylight with a particular gallery's lighting
- Compare different light boxes
- Compare any two real-world light sources
See more information at Color Setup.