Maxwell Create a Device
This describes how to setup a new Device in Maxwell - for example, a printer or a display.
Create a new Device
- Log into Maxwell.
- Click on the "Device" button in the left column to bring up the list of all of your devices.
- Click on the plus button on the bottom left corner of the Devices pane to make a new device.
- Fill out the Device Details pane with the information for your new device.
- The fields highlighted in pink are required as a minimum.
- When the necessary fields are filled out, click Done at the bottom to exit the edit mode.
Adding a new model
- If you come across a field that does not have the option that you need, you can create one.
In this example, the new Device the user is creating is an Epson 3880 printer. Since there is no 3880 listed in the scroll-down menu, he can click on the plus button. This will open up the Device Model Details pane where he can fill in the information for the new model of printer.
Whenever adding new models, pay close attention to how you name them, for these model names will be publicly viewable in 24 to 48 hours. During that time, you may make changes or edits, we will review the naming and ensure that the Maxwell list of models does not include multiple versions of the same device.
- When the necessary fields are filled out, click Done at the bottom (of Device Model Details) to exit the edit mode, and...
- Click Done at the bottom (of Device Details) to exit the edit mode.