The Maxwell Client bridges the gap between the browser and your computer, and directly supports X-Rite i1Pro and iSis hardware. Upon measuring a target, the Maxwell Client automatically uploads the measurement directly into Maxwell Tracks for immediate use anywhere in the world.
One of the latest features of the Maxwell Client is the ability to compare measurements from individual prints to a standard or reference, and then print a label indicating whether the print passes or fails the reference.
Here is a quick overview of how to use the Pass / Fail feature in the Maxwell Client.
Launch the Maxwell Client
Start the Maxwell Client and log in using your username and password.
Turn on Calculate Pass/Fail
In the details pane of the HotFolder you created, check the Calculate Pass/Fail checkbox.
Select your label printer
In the left column of the Client, your printers are listed. You can choose one as your default label printer:
- Click on the Printer,
- Click the Select as label printer button
See Setting Up A Dymo Printer section below for an example of how to set up the Dymo label printer.
Measure your target
- Attach your measurement instrument,
- Click the Measurement button,
- Measure your target.
The Maxwell Client will directly drive the i1pro, the i1Pro 2 (in legacy mode), the IO table, and the i1 iSis spectrophotometers.
Your measurement is automatically saved, it is uploaded to the Maxwell track, it is compared to your reference set, and the resulting PASS or FAIL is calculated.
The Maxwell Client can be setup to:
- Automatically print a label summarizing the results
- Automatically print a label only if the test is passed
- Automatically print a label only if the test is failed
- Do nothing unless you manually print a label
- Give a preview of what the label would look like
- Not print at all.
The Maxwell Client will automatically format the label to print on any number of common label printers including Dymo thermal label printers.
Setting up a Dymo printer
To setup a Dymo label printer, click on the button to setup label printing, and click on the "Label Page Setup" button.
Select the appropriate settings for your paper type and size. For a typical pass/fail setup:
- Choose a "Shipping" label paper size. (For example: Dymo 30323)
- Click on the landscape orientation. (Default orientation for the Dymo driver is portrait.)
This is an example of what a typical label should look like.
For more information, see: